Monday, January 11, 2010

The boring middle

This is where I am in the pregnancy - the boring middle.  I suppose I should be thankful for having a boring middle trimester.  Sometimes I forget I am even pregnant and think I can fool people that I am not.  Last night I came back from Hong Kong - my last trip prior to Kumquat's arrival.  As Matt and I were walking away from checking in the agent ran after me to ask if I was pregnant.  I said yes and produced my doctor note.  After some scuffling and exchanges in Cantonese back at the check-in counter, I showed my Singapore ID (showing that I live there) and they let me go.  Not entirely sure what the process was supposed to be.  I am sad I am so obviously pregnant now.  On the flight I remembered to do these (half hearted) calisthenics every hour or so to keep the circulation going. 

In other body related news, I think my hair is falling out less which pleases me.  I also see I have doubled my gray hairs recently which does not please me one bit. 

As per Jaime, I have fallen onto the baby technology upgrade train.  For me it has been the Canon PowerShot S90 and the Flip Ultra HD.  Matt and I have a bit of a role reversal with techno gear - I am all about it and Matt could pretty much care less.  He balks because I have an SLR yet need another camera (more travel friendly).  Plus it takes me ages to set up a shot because I am anti-flash.  But I think if you have a kid shouldn't you try to take the best pictures of her/him?  I think the sis thought I was a lunatic for espousing the SLR merits but she loves hers now (and takes brilliant photos of my niece with it). 

I am taking the glucose test for gestational diabetes on Wednesday and am a bit nervous, as 2 friends in LA (both Chinese coincidentally with American husbands) have been diagnosed.  YIKES!  Hate to say it, but am getting my sugar in now....

2 comments:

  1. Good camera choice!
    Especially if you're like Joyce and think that babies shouldn't be getting the flash on his/her face, it takes really really good low light pics.
    The only downside is the video is not HD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - why we have a Flip for the HD! Hard to say I can document kumquat as well as my niece Ava - a pic everyday for 3 years of life is pretty impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete