Sunday, January 24, 2010

Exciting week 28 - sort of

Apparently I spoke too soon about it being boring.  I had some excitement this week thanks to some gastrointestinal issues that landed me square on my back (oops!  I mean my side) for 3 days last week.  3 doctor visits later I am finally better, thanks to some good bacteria pills and some Augmentin, an antibiotic I was so reticent to take but was convinced by my baby doc was safe.  But what about the reports on-line that it could stain my unborn child's teeth?  Blah, save that for the next doctor's visit.  I have the pleasure of going to see him more often (every 3 weeks now) - which I don't mind because he is a rad doctor.  I don't think I could be in better hands.

Today we also started a childbirthing class - which we were late for.  Matt was one of 3 western men and everyone else was Chinese.  I am not totally enamored by the class so far - our lecturer is nice but a little rambly and after a long week of work (including this morning) we were not of our most alert.  Also I think that her ulterior motive was a PSA to get all the moms to be patient with the confinement leave - basically the month after the baby is born where Chinese mothers (the mothers-to-be mothers) take care of their daughters while cooking them special lactating food, providing herbs for special baths to help expedite getting healthier, etc.  She did make a good point that I could relate to - Chinese mothers are not so good at articulating their love so they show it demonstratively by cooking and taking care.  Just a very Asian way of showing love.

The baby is moving everyday.  Had a disagreement with Matt last night and wow was she not happy about it!  The most active I have felt her yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment