Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Our friends S&J just had their baby a day before it was due. They did it the old fashioned way and didn't find out the sex until the baby (Moochie) was born. It was a he - his name is Oliver and he has a full head of wondrous hair. I am very excited for them. He has a palindrome birthdate which totally rules - 01.02.2010 (assuming if you write the date the American way). He is lovely and miraculous.

Pregnancy for the most part has been uneventful these days. Today is day 1 (again) of being off of sweets, which absolutely blows since I made a killer Bonoffee pie with homemade dulce de leche yesterday. I am getting sun spots on my face - I think some ramification due to a hormonal imbalance - I even got a 'whitening' facial (I know, I know, I am a sellout for having such a strong adverse opinion of these even 4 years ago) but I am still spotted. I am doing better sleeping on my side but am getting charley horses on both my legs when I sleep. Min tells me to drink tonic water but that is kinda going against my whole no-sweets thing. My sleeping is kinda going to hell - up every couple of hours to pee or to right myself from falling asleep on my back. Thankfully my breasts are getting bigger but I just think all of my upper torso is getting a bit... thicker, so it is not an isolated incident in the breasty region unfortunately. There are times when I am standing for a while and my belly aches and is distended. I am feeling the baby - not as roundhouse kicks per se but more like hiccups as I fall to sleep (which causes quite a discussion with Matt as he thinks that babies in the womb cannot get hiccups, though my handy literature [aka 'What to Expect When You Are Expecting] strongly disagrees).

My navel is beginning to hurt.

I am jogging 3X a week and lifting weights twice (more or less) which is good for me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's great that you can still go running! I had to stop at about 4 months because it got very uncomfortable.

    Babies can totally get the hiccups in the womb! Moochie got them all the time before he was born and now gets them several times a day. It seems to be some kind of muscle spasm that doesn't involve needing to breathe air, which is why it can happen in the womb.

    ReplyDelete