Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Funny English


I have been in Asia for a long time (6 years this month - YIKES!) that my grammar has gone to hell and I seldom bat an eyelash when I see funny English. I think that funny English is not as common in Singapore than in Hong Kong / Macau. So one of my work colleagues got this Christmas gift basket and I saw these and I had to take some photos.


More of a funny Asianism than funny English.  The text is a bit hard to read but this says "Assorted Fuit Candy - Apple, Coconut, Lychee, CORNS, Almond, Pineapple, Honeydew & more."  Although I am Asian I would never confuse corn with a fruit.  That being said, I did try corn ice cream at the Grand Hyatt recently and it was delish.  Call me an accidental Asian.


This one says "Puffed Peanuts - peanuts coated with sweet golden clothes."  And to think, all this time silly me has been eating peanuts in the emperor's new clothes!

Ok, it was funny to me at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment