Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend update

DB has come into town. He is helping Matt out with work and staying with us which is really cool. We hosted a very laid back BBQ on Saturday. Matt was the grillmaster and I made most of the fixin's, including BBQ beans with molasses, mustard, and brown sugar (much to Matt's surprise - clearly he wasn't raised in the Deep South :)). There was also japchae, salsa, granola, french onion dip, Nigerian chicken, fruit salad, and decadent Payday bars and Pistachio Lemon Dulce de Leche bars.
There was Karaoke and Wii involved. We all ate too much and some folks wanted to sleep. Not to say we are boring hosts but there is something sleep inducing about our abode here in Singapore (or maybe we are boring hosts). We were busy this weekend - working Saturday, baby class (gets better each week but I wonder why we still continue), and BBQ Saturday. Matt and DB played golf in Indonesia so I dropped them off on Sunday, shopped, went to yoga, and finished up some household errands.

I know, the exciting life of an expat. I am comforted to know I would be mundane anywhere I lived in the world :).

No comments:

Post a Comment