Friday, February 26, 2010

Week 33

Just got back from the doctor’s office. This is the first time I went without Matt and of course the first time that the doctor saw me on time (generally there is a 30 minute or more wait, as we watch midwife videos from 1977 or a random birth video, ungroomed parts and all, from PBS circa 1981). I weighed myself at the beginning and I have put 4kg on in 3 weeks. YIKES! I asked my doctor about this off the bat and he said it was fine – I am visibly puffier in the face and feet (I call these my Barney Rubble brick feet) and that I am retaining water. Perfectly normal, and I can look forward to getting rid of it once the baby is born. I told Matt about this on the taxi ride back to work and it is possible that we both weigh the same right now. DOUBLE YIKES!

Aside from this, the baby is fine, a whopping 2.1 kg. I asked for some photos which are below. She still looks like a blobby alien. I guess she isn’t at the right angle for a 4D scan so no more new shots of those chubby cheeks.

The doctor asked if I could see the profile of the chin and I couldn’t see anything that resembled, well, anything.

She is in the LOT position and growing at a normal rate.

She is swimming around in a nice pool of amniotic fluid – so my retained water is not for naught. That makes me happy she is comfortable, though is it too much to ask for my feet to look more Wilma than Barney-esque?

Face


Right hand


???


The doc said something about a face profile (maybe there is a chin in here somewhere).  If you can help me sort out what is happening here, that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment