Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Updates from Chinese New Year

 
Here are pretty flowers Matt sent me for Valentine's Day.  Matt was in the States celebrating his mom's birthday and this was better than going out to dinner at a fancy restaurant where the expectations are high and the service is never as good as on a normal day.  I prefer to eat at home usually.


Over that same weekend I attempted macarons from Bakerella.  These were harder than they looked on her website - getting all the cookies the same size and not touching.  Plus I thought I was breeding a bacteria farm keeping the egg whites out for over a day.  My new Silpat is a bit bigger than my cookie sheet - so that batch ended up quite ovally.

I was too lazy to make ganache so I just used Nutella and dulce de leche for the gooey middle.  DB definitely preferred to dulce... :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that macaron looks perfect! My attempts at making them at home never turned out very pretty.

    ReplyDelete