Thursday, November 12, 2009

Musings from Oct 5 & Kumquat on Oct 2

The pregnancy is going well. There hasn’t been bleeding since we went to the doctor on Monday (a week ago) so that is good news. I don’t feel the baby yet, though I saw her squirming around last Friday. She is so darn cute – in a way that all miniature things are cute. I was looking at S’s ultrasound pictures online from when will be a week from today – her kid looks a lot less alienlike and far more peoplelike. Maybe they have better equipment in the States or there is a serious lack of evolution going on in my grumbling belly. Who knows. I am just trying to relax. I hope to catch up on some movies and I am so freakin’ emotional through them all. I think the only movie I didn’t tear up at recently was Inglorious Basterds. Wow – I literally saw 3 movies last week – The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Inglorious Basterds, and Sling Blade. Good on me.


I was picking up some minor pregnancy meds and I asked to see the ultrasound because I went belly first into a work turnstile. Whoopsie. Matt wasn't there but Kumquat was the most active I had seen her. Swimming blissfully (or blissing swimmingly?). Needless to say she was fine. I sort of had a bit of a meltdown with the doctor here as the whole pregnancy thing was/is so nerve wracking. This is where Matt was also convinced Kumquat was a he because it is hard to tell baby bits in the ultrasound. She looks very cool, doesn't she? She is wearing amniotic shades. After this pic I cannot get Bob Marley's "Illegal Alien" out of my head for a month. This is me by the way - I wasn't expecting to see the doctor so he didn't get to change my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment