Thursday, November 12, 2009

Musings and Kumquat on Sept 28

I am very concerned about becoming a mother. I think that maybe I have not accomplished enough in my life prior to becoming a mom. I am now looking to women who continued to produce after they had kids. Hillary Clinton. Annie Proulx. Even Stephanie Meyer. I remind myself that being a mom is not a prison sentence, though I know that my days like yesterday when I am get up at one in the afternoon are numbered. Part of me hopes that being a mom will ‘fill in the holes’ for me, that I am more able to be disciplined with my time now that it will be somewhat dictated to me. So far the pregnancy has been not what I have expected. I went on vacation to Thailand last week and could do so little – no exercise, no swimming, no massage (so I learned the hard way), limited sun (perhaps this last one was self-imposed – I understand that I am more sensitive to the sun). I am waiting for my boobs to get bigger. No exercise is making me a bit antsy in the head. I never realized how much I needed my morning endorphin rush. Was on bed rest for 3 days last week.


Looks awfully uncomfortable, doesn't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment