Monday, November 16, 2009

Under the weather

I have caught a bit of a cold. Luckily the snot is not green yet but it is plentiful (sorry if that is TMI - my TMI filter needs to be recalibrated with my raging hormones, I think). I am trying to use homeopathic solutions but I did take the Trader Joe's equivalent of an Emergen C this morning. Which reminds me that babycenter.com is the compilation of the worst case scenario handbook for pregnancy. Everyone who has the one in a zillion chance of something has a forum on this website. It is alarmist, or maybe I am alarmist. I can only allow myself to read that site infrequently. I found out this evening that I am not supposed to drink tea. I don't drink it anyway - gave it up a year ago for vanity reasons - but I did have some as a friend brought some ginger tea from India. I can apparently drink ginger tea in moderation. But not camomile or lemongrass? This article also mentioned that I cannot drink tea made from Labrador. Um, what is that exactly? Everything in moderation I suppose. To me moderation means almost never whereas some reports (probably babycenter.com) say that moderation equals one drink a day (well, for coffee at least). At my most addicted I was drinking a coffee a day. I suppose there are mothers-to-be who drank four cups a day before. Wow. I cannot imagine that withdrawal headache to ratchet back to one a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment