Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Week 10

Charlotte is 10 weeks today.  She has had a minor cough which has subsided some today.  We are leaving for the US on Sunday and I am a bit nervous about all that travel time with Charlotte.  My 'friends' on the internet suggest it should be fine, she should sleep through but I realize now that I cannot trust the norms anymore with Charlotte.  Plus I will travel with at least 7 bottles - yikes!  Here is to hoping for no travel delays. 

Day 3 of full time motherhood is still going well - perhaps I am in the honeymoon period.  I am very busy this week with preparations prior to my travels (e.g. getting my hair cut).  I made the mistake of reading while in a taxi and nursed a wicked headache for most of the afternoon.

We have to move out of our house as we need to downsize as we plan to spend more time in the US.  I am sad about moving house as we got married, Matt started his business... and Charlotte was born in this house.  But we will have to leave it at some point.  Blah - I just hate moving.  The only upside to moving (every 2 to 3 years for me since 2004) is that I purge my stuff more than if I never moved.  I still have a lot of stuff (the apple doesn't fall far from the, ahem, maternal tree) but a lot less than if I never moved.

Here are some pics from this week:

Matt and Charlotte on Father's Day - I got Matt this colorful World Cup shirt:


Charlotte looking serious in her new dress:


Charlotte and Imee:


Charlotte trying to sit up:


She fell over!


Laughing while sitting again!

7 comments:

  1. where are you going to be in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie! When we've flown with the ladies, we take either the Similac premixed formula bottles or the little individual formula powder packets and bottles of water just in case. Better safe than sorry! Don't know what it's like there, but the security screeners here let you through with liquids if they're baby related.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melinda - we are in the US for a month starting the 27th. We are in Wisc and then the ATL from the 19th to the 25th if you and Richard are around?
    Liz - no luck with premixed formula or individual packets here in SG. Good suggestion with bringing the water - we will put it in the bottles premeasured an hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE CHARLOTTE'S DRESS!

    Ava was asking about Charlotte today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ho-let me talk to Richard and see if we could make a little trip down to ATL when you are in town-and we could come see you too Min!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, I'm impressed you guys are traveling already! We are wusses. We haven't even taken Oli on a car ride that's longer than 25 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melinda,

    I would love to see you!

    Min

    ReplyDelete